- ArduPilot Mega 2.8 Flight Control Board
- Onboard 4 MegaByte Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
- First open source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000
- Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties
- Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
This is the APM 2.8 Autopilot module. The sensors are exactly the same as with APM2.6, This version is for use with multi-copters and rovers. The APM 2.8 Is a complete open source autopilot system and the perfect technology that won the prestigious 2012 Outback Challenge UAV competition. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with way points. Available with top or side connectors. This revision of the board is built for vehicles (especially multi-copters and rovers) where the compass should be placed as far from power and motor sources as possible to avoid magnetic interference. On fixed wing aircraft it’s often easier to mount APM far enough away from the motors and ESCs to avoid magnetic interference. This is built to be used with the 3DR uBlox GPS with Compass, so that the GPS/Compass unit can be mounted further from noise sources than APM itself.