The CD4040 is a 12-stage ripple carry binary counter. The counters are advanced one count on the negative transition of each clock pulse. The counters are reset to the zero state by a logical “1” at the reset input independent of clock.
- Wide supply voltage range: 1.0V to 15V
- High noise immunity: 0.45 VDD (typ.)
- Low power TTL compatibility: Fan out of 2 driving 74L or 1 driving 74LS
- Medium speed operation: 8 MHz typ. at VDD = 10V
- Schmitt trigger clock input
See full feature at datasheet from below: