The MAX481, MAX483, MAX485, MAX487–MAX491, andMAX1487 are low-power transceivers for RS-485 and RS422 communication. Each part contains one driver and onereceiver. The MAX483, MAX487, MAX488, and MAX489feature reduced slew-rate drivers that minimize EMI andreduce reflections caused by improperly terminated cables,thus allowing error-free data transmission up to 250kbps.
The driver slew rates of the MAX481, MAX485, MAX490,MAX491, and MAX1487 are not limited, allowing them totransmit up to 2.5Mbps.
These transceivers draw between 120µA and 500µA ofsupply current when unloaded or fully loaded with disableddrivers. Additionally, the MAX481, MAX483, and MAX487have a low-current shutdown mode in which they consumeonly 0.1µA. All parts operate from a single 5V supply.
Drivers are short-circuit current limited and are protectedagainst excessive power dissipation by thermal shutdowncircuitry that places the driver outputs into a high-impedancestate. The receiver input has a fail-safe feature thatguarantees a logic-high output if the input is open circuit.
The MAX487 and MAX1487 feature quarter-unit-loadreceiver input impedance, allowing up to 128 MAX487/MAX1487 transceivers on the bus. Full-duplex communicationsare obtained using the MAX488–MAX491, whilethe MAX481, MAX483, MAX485, MAX487, and MAX1487are designed for half-duplex applications.
- For Fault-Tolerant ApplicationsMAX3430: ±80V Fault-Protected, Fail-Safe, 1/4Unit Load, +3.3V, RS-485 TransceiverMAX3440E–MAX3444E: ±15kV ESD-Protected,±60V Fault-Protected, 10Mbps, Fail-Safe,RS-485/J1708 Transceivers
- For Space-Constrained ApplicationsMAX3460–MAX3464: +5V, Fail-Safe, 20Mbps,Profibus RS-485/RS-422 TransceiversMAX3362: +3.3V, High-Speed, RS-485/RS-422Transceiver in a SOT23 Package MAX3280E–MAX3284E: ±15kV ESD-Protected,52Mbps, +3V to +5.5V, SOT23, RS-485/RS-422,True Fail-Safe Receivers MAX3293/MAX3294/MAX3295: 20Mbps, +3.3V,SOT23, RS-855/RS-422 Transmitters
- For Multiple Transceiver ApplicationsMAX3030E–MAX3033E: ±15kV ESD-Protected,+3.3V, Quad RS-422 Transmitters
- For Fail-Safe Applications MAX3080–MAX3089: Fail-Safe, High-Speed(10Mbps), Slew-Rate-Limited RS-485/RS-422Transceivers
- For Low-Voltage ApplicationsMAX3483E/MAX3485E/MAX3486E/MAX3488E/MAX3490E/MAX3491E: +3.3V Powered, ±15kVESD-Protected, 12Mbps, Slew-Rate-Limited,True RS-485/RS-422 Transceivers
See full feature at datasheet from below: